• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So-called personal property items.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpf

What is the name of your state? Alabama
If a member of a club donates an item to that club, does that item become property of the club,? even if the member is voted out of the club later on? If the member verbaly stated they were donated and not on paper is it still legal and does it become the property of said club?

If another member stated that the said property was his now and can produce a "legal reciept" for the said items from the voted out member does the property still belong to the club--even though all the other members were presant when the items were verbaly donated form the voted out member? These items have been on the club property for over 2 years.

Do any one of these 2 old members have any legal stand?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

HomeGuru

gpf said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama
If a member of a club donates an item to that club, does that item become property of the club,? even if the member is voted out of the club later on? If the member verbaly stated they were donated and not on paper is it still legal and does it become the property of said club?

If another member stated that the said property was his now and can produce a "legal reciept" for the said items from the voted out member does the property still belong to the club--even though all the other members were presant when the items were verbaly donated form the voted out member? These items have been on the club property for over 2 years.

Do any one of these 2 old members have any legal stand?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
**A; and what does your question have to do with real estate law?

G

gpf

Alabama.
I guess what I am trying to ask is if the donated property becomes part of the land owners property now.
If this is not the right place to ask this question--please direct me to the right forum in which I could get an answer or advice.
Thanks

HomeGuru

gpf said:
Alabama.
I guess what I am trying to ask is if the donated property becomes part of the land owners property now.
If this is not the right place to ask this question--please direct me to the right forum in which I could get an answer or advice.
Thanks
**A: you mentioned an item. Exactly what is this item? Is it land or a house?

G

gpf

Alabama
What was donated to the club were palate racks used to stack palates of candy on from a closed down candy company here in town.
Two of our former members were employed with this company--one of them was the head boss the other a V.P. Salesman. The head boss "bought" these palate racks and donated them to our small club to be used to make hunting shooting houses out of, of which we did. This was over 2 years ago. Well since then the head boss didn't follow the rules of the club and he was voted out and given a period of time to gather all his personal belongings and vacate the property--which he did. He left 8 palate racks--which are used for the hunting houses and put into the ground. Now his old V.P. salesman are stating the 8 palate racks are his and wants them because he is not joining this club for next year. There were 4 whitnesses that were told the racks were donated to the club--well our thinking is that they belong to the club and are part of the land/property and they belong to the property/land owner and not to just one pereson, ie, any club member. Any inprovements to the land that the club does as a group--such as perment stands or sheds or outhouses that are put into the ground should belong to the land owner-right?
How can the V.P. salesman come up and claim these after 2 years when none of the other members were aware that they were suppose to be his property and all of the members knew they were donated?
We surely would not of used them and put all the work into them making them shooting houses and spending our personal money on them if they belonged to one certain person and they didn't belong to the club--they were just on loan---that would be stupid on the clubs part to do all that work.
Thanks, any help would be appreciated!!

JETX

"How can the V.P. salesman come up and claim these after 2 years when none of the other members were aware that they were suppose to be his property and all of the members knew they were donated?"
*** Can this person PROVE that he is the owner??? If so, give them to him. If not, tell him to tell the judge.

"We surely would not of used them and put all the work into them making them shooting houses and spending our personal money on them if they belonged to one certain person and they didn't belong to the club--they were just on loan---that would be stupid on the clubs part to do all that work."
*** And presumably you have learned to NEVER expend money or energy using property that was 'given' to you without some documentation that it was a GIFT. Right??

Happy Trails

Possible solution to "Where to post"

"If this is not the right place to ask this question--please direct me to the right forum in which I could get an answer or advice.
Thanks"

***You could try posting it in the small claims forum. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">