• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hereandthere

What is the name of your state? Ontario, Canada

I drive a big truck and was enroute from Concord to Wilmington, NC via route 74. Within a span of about 5 miles the speed changed from 70 to 60 to 55 and then back to 70.

Unfortunately I followed the pack with about 5-6 "four wheelers" comfortably ahead of me.

We came upon a State Trooper going the other direction and i weatched as he pulled acroos the grass and turned around. He pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 70 in a 55. He claimed that I was the biggest target and the laser locked on to me...yet when he returned from his car he claimed I was going faster than the car ahead of me!

On the ticket he made two glaring errors...one was the time...he circled 2:55 am and it was pm and the other was my DOB taken directly off my license. He wrote the date and year - 1968 and the in the box beside it wrote my age as 34 - I am 36.

Anything I can do here?

the law is G.S. 20-141

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">