• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does it take?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RAM121770

What is the name of your state?NC How far behind will the courts let people get behind,before they do anything about it? My ex lives in West Va. she owes me almost $12,000 haven't done anything to her.

Fl Cat7

In my experiance if you don't make noise then never. I call my local CSE office every week. I am polite but let them know I want them to keep at it. They still take forever about 8 to 9 months after he quits paying, but before I started calling every week they spent 3 years doing paper work and nothing else.

Grace_Adler

If you are behind one month in support they can take someone to court for contempt.

I've known people they have chased down pretty consistently before it ever got that far. Everyone I know got a summons to appear in court after being late 90 days. That's when they usually go after you. However, I don't know if they did it on their own or if the CP stayed on their butt to get it done.

It is possible to that she is avoiding getting served to come to court and hiding out which they can't do anything about. They try to locate these people to have their wages garnished, which I'm assuming she is having hers withheld or is under order to do so. She must be getting paid under the table IF she is working because they would have given you her tax returns by now also.

If you're going through CSE, you're probably just going to have to stay in touch with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">