• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fence/neighbor issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopeful74

What is the name of your state?ohio
the house I just bought off my uncle last year has always had a fence up, that one decayed so I took the proper precautions (I thought) and got a zoning permit and found out where the property line was; which ended up giving me another 2 yards of ground, the reason I new where the property line was is because there was a yellow tag in the ground....so anyway the fence was put up in the original setting that the old fence was (long story on that) this is where it gets fishy...the next morning the property tag had been moved to way up behind my garage and know he is saying that the fence and my garage are on his property and he will tear it down, I have had a surveyer come in but he was seen talking with them a couple of times and I haven't heard from then since..I wasn't even charged.
if i haven't confused you to much could you please help me, or let me know if you need more info
ohio :(

HomeGuru

hopeful74 said:
What is the name of your state?ohio
the house I just bought off my uncle last year has always had a fence up, that one decayed so I took the proper precautions (I thought) and got a zoning permit and found out where the property line was; which ended up giving me another 2 yards of ground, the reason I new where the property line was is because there was a yellow tag in the ground....so anyway the fence was put up in the original setting that the old fence was (long story on that) this is where it gets fishy...the next morning the property tag had been moved to way up behind my garage and know he is saying that the fence and my garage are on his property and he will tear it down, I have had a surveyer come in but he was seen talking with them a couple of times and I haven't heard from then since..I wasn't even charged.
if i haven't confused you to much could you please help me, or let me know if you need more info
ohio :(
**A: hire a survey to complete a boundary survey and give your neighbor a copy. Call the police if the property survey pins are moved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">