• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My pine tree has large limbs in neighbors yard and they say I have to cut them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vagrogan

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
I have a large pine tree in my yard and large limbs are in neighbors yard hanging over roof. Am I responsible for cutting them and if not if they fall on her roof do I have to pay for the damage. Who is responsible?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

vagrogan said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
I have a large pine tree in my yard and large limbs are in neighbors yard hanging over roof. Am I responsible for cutting them and if not if they fall on her roof do I have to pay for the damage. Who is responsible?

My response:

Anything hanging over the property line is your neighbors responsibility. Nature takes its course, and you're not responsible for nature.

IAAL

G

gpf

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Anything hanging over the property line is your neighbors responsibility. Nature takes its course, and you're not responsible for nature.

IAAL
I had a neighbor that had trees handing over on a roof of another building-my neighbor wasn't going to cut the limbs so the owner had to have them cut and fix his own roof--the limbs from your tree hanging over his property belong to him.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gpf said:
I had a neighbor that had trees handing over on a roof of another building-my neighbor wasn't going to cut the limbs so the owner had to have them cut and fix his own roof--the limbs from your tree hanging over his property belong to him.

My response:

Okay. Without the anecdotal information, I think I already said that.

IAAL

Happy Trails

I agree. I remember a Judge Judy in which a neighbor was trying to sue her neighbor, because she claimed her neighbors oak tree was hanging over her roof and it created a problem with moss and little baby oaks. Thus creating a leakage problem. The judge ruled in favor of the defendent and told the home owner (that is why you have home owners insurance.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">