• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This A Minor In Possesion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Colombiano

Texas. We pulled up into the parking lot of a club and the cops walked up on us as we got out of the car there was a bottle of licor in the back seat there was also somebody 21 in the back, he asked me if it was my bottle i said no, he asked if i had been drinking i said no, i didnt get a breathalizer, but he wrote me a Minor in Possesion ticket, i plead not guilty and my court date is coming up. What are my chances of winning? Do u think its a valip mip ticket even though the person drivin and a person in the back was 21?
The person driving claimed to own the bottle. If i bring this up in court and they call him in could they get him for open container now when this happened months ago? And on top of that they didn't take the bottle or pour it out or nothing. thanks

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Colombiano said:
This happen in texas. well we pulled up to a club. the cops walked up on us, as we got out of the car, there was a bottle of licor in the back seat, there was also somebody 21 in the back, he asked me if it was my bottle i said no, he asked if i had been drinking i said no, i didnt get a breathalizer, but he wrote me a Minor in Possesion ticket, i plead not guilty and imy court date is coming up, what are my chances of winning and do u think its a valip mip ticket even though the person drivin and a person in the back was 21.
also the person drivin calimed to own the bottle, if i bring that up in court and they call him in could they get him for open container now when this happened months ago? And on top of that they didnt take the bottle or pour it out or nothing. thanks
**A: this is one of the reasons you need to do your homework and study hard rather than hanging around with losers. You need to learn to spell and have proper grammar and punctuation.

C

Colombiano

Can somebody give me some real advice?
i tried to find the MIP law in texas but couldn't find nothing

HomeGuru

Colombiano said:
Can somebody give me some real advice?
i tried to find the MIP law in texas but couldn't find nothing
**A: my point has been proven once again. It's "but couldn't find anything or there was nothing to be found"

L

LosAngeles27

Hehe I don't know about Texas but here in california police rarely shows up to court. There is a great chance he won't show up but don't count on it. It all depends on Judge as well, they are mostly arrogant god wannabes that seen the same cases thousand times. So your best bet is to study texas law , which requires some reading on your part. And hope for a nice judge. Either was you have nothign to lose. A friend of mine was charged for a DUI once and he used nolo.com , and it was really helpful. The judge will believe officer's word over yours.
and go to mexico to drink next time and stop studying it won't get you anywhere :p just joking.

F

Fire300zxtt

your fault

if you were operating the car, you are responsible for all contents.. now if the bottle was not open, then it would be no problem.. if your dumbass 21 year old friend kept that cheap HOOCH in a backpack, the cop wouldnt of seen it and cited you...

and if .. and if!!! well no more and if's...

it is a mip for sure if you were driving and had an open container in the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">