• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicare laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John Mosley

What is the name of your state? Alabama, My mother-in-law rec'd an electric wheel chair just 3 weeks prior to her death which was pre-approved by medicare and ordered by her Dr. On the day of her death the company that brought it showed up at our door demanding the chair back claiming that they had not gotten the paperwork in. What are our rights?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

John Mosley said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama, My mother-in-law rec'd an electric wheel chair just 3 weeks prior to her death which was pre-approved by medicare and ordered by her Dr. On the day of her death the company that brought it showed up at our door demanding the chair back claiming that they had not gotten the paperwork in. What are our rights?

My response:

So? What are you going to do with it - - ride it?

Just give it back. Some other needy person needs it. Not you.

IAAL

J

John Mosley

I might have known this was a waste of time. I was looking for help and all I get is some smart a** answer. For your info my wife is disabled also.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

John Mosley said:
I might have known this was a waste of time. I was looking for help and all I get is some smart a** answer. For your info my wife is disabled also.

My response:

So, I guess you're looking for answers that will help you "steal" the chair. Sorry, we don't do that.

The chair was for your mother-in-law, who was Medi-Care approved. If your wife was "approved", you wouldn't be here asking your question. So, unless your wife is "approved", then she's not entitled to my tax dollars that paid for that chair.

Fine, keep the chair. You'll be sued.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">