• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a judgment but can't get any money.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildthing

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have a $1300 judgment against my x-girlfriend Wendy.

Although she and her husband own a construction business, she claims she has no job and no income. So, I can not get a garnishment on her wages. I filed a motion for exaction against her personal property. The judge ordered her to make a list of all property solely owned by her. He stressed to her that she only had to list stuff that is SOLELY OWNED BY HER. She wrote a letter to the court saying that when she got married everything she owned became joint property and exempt from the execution order. The judge agreed.
I asked the court to freeze her bank accounts and subpoena her bank records. Instead of doing that the Judge ordered her bring in a bank statement showing her account balance. She claimed that she only had a savings account with $22.00 in it. I later fount out, from a friend of my mother that works at the Wendy’s bank, that Wendy had withdrawn over $2000 before she got the account printout she brought to court. How do I get my money from her? I feel like the judge is coaching and helping her to avoid paying me.

BL

Unless the case is closed,Advise the Judge you have heard that Wendy withdrew $2000.00 after he told her he wanted a printout .Request the court to require Wendy to produce the bank statements between the Date he/she told her to produce them and the date of the print out.

Or ask for a subpoena for those records from the bank.

If you can prove that she withdrew this money on purpose to avoid payment, the Judge might reach into the Joint Assets.

JETX

"How do I get my money from her?"
*** There are numerous legal methods that can be used to enforce a judgment. You have used some of them. I would suggest you try some of the others (levy, seizure, etc.) and/or do some of them again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">