• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost front tooth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

weiser

What is the name of your state? California. I had an apico-ectomy approximately 3 years ago on my front tooth. I also had posts and build-up and root canals on my front teeth, which I paid for. Last week my front tooth became loose. When I went to UOP Dental School in San Francisco, they took X-rays and noticed that there were no posts in either root canal. The instructor said that if I had the posts my tooth may not have become loose, and fall out. Now I need a dental implant and a post in the remaining front tooth. Shouldn't my dentist (of 20 years) be responsible for my lost tooth as well as provide me with the missing post and dental implant? Do I have a case?

Last edited:

ellencee

weiser
Not all root canals have posts, not even on teeth used as anchors in bridge and crown work. The instructor said, "may not have fallen out", not that your tooth (teeth) would not have fallen out and the dentist should have known that by failing to use posts, you would suffer the loss of your teeth and the need for additional dental work.

Since you said you paid for posts in the teeth that don't have posts, maybe you have reason to recoup that money or to give validity to a claim of negligence.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">