• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia ticket under 21

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunnigrl029

I am a Florida resident who was pulled in Georgia for doing 81 in a 55. I had never driven in this area and traffic was heavy so i didn't notice the speed had decreased from 70. Under Georgia law anyone under 21 speeding over 26mph can have their license suspended. I am 19 and living alone away from home attending college and if this happens I will be forced to drop out. I am attending court on Wednesday and dont know what to do....

I was told that I should go to driving school prior to my court date and so I did that. How should I plead in court? Would a NOLO help? Or should I ask for a speed reduction?

PLEASE HELP!!

lwpat

Florida Drivers License

Georgia cannot suspend your driver's license, only the Florida DMV can do that. However Georgia can suspend your driving priviledges in the State of Georgia.

Georgia will report the ticket back to Florida and it will be treated as if you received the citation in Florida. Based on this I don't think the traffic school or a NOLO plea will be of any help unless the court agrees not to report the ticket back to Florida. This is probably unlikely but you can ask the clerk when you sign in.

Take your school information with you to court and try to negotiate for a reduction. Most Georgia traffic courts are not friendly places so best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">