• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademarks in Music Videos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

v0id

What is the name of your state?I was approached to produce a music video and have a scene that takes place in a convenient store and at a nightclub. During the store scene, the talent in focus goes to the freezer and grabs a six pack of beer. I know we can't show the labels or packaging of the beer itself, but what about the other items in the store that are on shelves and in freezers, etc?

Also, in the nightclub scene, must we refrain from showing the neon light ads, such as Budweisser, etc? Heh, not to mention trademarks that may be on the bands equipment?

Phew, thanks for any advice!

HomeGuru

v0id said:
What is the name of your state?I was approached to produce a music video and have a scene that takes place in a convenient store and at a nightclub. During the store scene, the talent in focus goes to the freezer and grabs a six pack of beer. I know we can't show the labels or packaging of the beer itself, but what about the other items in the store that are on shelves and in freezers, etc?

Also, in the nightclub scene, must we refrain from showing the neon light ads, such as Budweisser, etc? Heh, not to mention trademarks that may be on the bands equipment?

Phew, thanks for any advice!

**A: what kind of beer is Budweisser?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">