• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title 18-U.S.Codes chapter??? please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dawn33

What is the name of your state? Illinois

i recently looked up my credit report online. when reading the FAQs on their site, i read that looking someone else's credit report up without his or her permission is punishable under the title 18 of the U.S. Codes. this was done to me. my credit report was looked up (without my permission) and it was discussed (my student loans, etc.) with a third party (which is how i found out). she was able to do this at her work (she works at a university). what chapter of the title 18 of the U.S. Codes does this fall under??? is this identity fraud??? is the SOL an issue??? how can i prosecute??? please help!!!...and thanx to all that respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">