• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

apartment driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

retep

What is the name of your state?california. my vehicle has been cited 10 or 12 times over the last 5 years for vc 22500 as i park in the triple wide driveway where i live. i have the owner's permission, i don't break the plane of the sidewalk nor do i break the plane of the street. i in no way obstruct vehicles entering or exiting the garage. the scarcity of parking in my neighborhood is well known to residents and the parking officials. i've parked there a thousand times, sometimes as an alternative to street cleaning where all spaces on the "good" side have been taken. i believe i was only written twice over five years on those days as the neighborhood crawls with enforcement. my neighbors and their guests have this same experience. is it an illeagle parking job and their just cutting me slack when they dont cite me or am i legal there. thank you in advance for any consideration you are able to give this matter. -peter

Last edited:

CdwJava

Which subsection are you being cited for? CVC 22500 covers a lot of ground!

Have you ever thought to contest the parking cites?

Carl

M

mashmallow

Driveway Complaint VC22500E in San Francisco's Cow Hollow

Hi,

My Civic 2-door has been cited less than 5 times over the last 2 years for mere street cleaning. I have the residential parking permit. This Tuesday morning I parked my car by curbside, with driveway on front and rear sides. I did step out of my car twice checking both front and rear that I didn't pass the limit of front and rear curb into the driveway. There was a SUV parked directly by the rear side curb, which I believe could narrow exit 'visually'. The curb is neither marked nor coloured in white/red on each limit-end so it cannot be that small. I in no way obstruct vehicles entering or exiting the garage. i've seen cars parked a thousand times passing the limit-ends on curbs given the scarcity of parking in my neighborhood without getting citations.

According to measurements of the curbside and the length of my car - have about 6 inches spared. I will also re-park my car once the spot becomes available. I would wish to contest this ticket.

Thank you in advance for any consideration you are able to give this matter.

Linda

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">