• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pending child support case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimi16

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My faince has a case pending to change the amount of his child support payments. He's currently not in US, nor is he a citizen or permanent resident. He has no way of coming to US at this time and no way of paying any money, since his income is less than $10/month. Child support is sending letters requesting him to pay child support. Since he has a case open to change the child support payments, will child support organization recognize that and not issue warrant for his arrest? or will they ignore it and issue the warrant? I would really appreciate any help I can get! :(

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mimi16 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

He's currently not in US, nor is he a citizen or permanent resident. He has no way of coming to US at this time and no way of paying any money, since his income is less than $10/month.

My response:

Here's a hint: You also don't have a relationship.

But, at $10.00 per month, and compared to Missouri income, he's actually RICH!

IAAL

mimi16

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Here's a hint: You also don't have a relationship.

But, at $10.00 per month, and compared to Missouri income, he's actually RICH!

IAAL
I don't think I understand what you mean....The case is here in US...He's my fiance and the child is from his previous marriage...he will be coming here when all the paper work goes through...but I'm worried that even though he has a case pending, that child support will put out worrant for his arrest, like I said in my post..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">