• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dddlll33880088

What is the name of your state?FL
ii am 17, hvae never had any legal problems, and am a great student with no past problems of anything. my question is 1. can you be arrested if you are with someone who haaas commited a crime, but there is nothing on you (the friend had stolen merchandise valued at 465.00) . the friend had also told the police i had nothing to do with it and he said "it's a little too late for that". in the police report he had said that the two girls were asking about the video they were caught on, when i had never said a word, so could that be used against me even if it is not true?

BelizeBreeze

1. can you be arrested if you are with someone who haaas commited a crime, but there is nothing on you (the friend had stolen merchandise valued at 465.00) .
Yes, accessory and/or facilitating depending on the evidence.

the friend had also told the police i had nothing to do with it and he said "it's a little too late for that".
If the police and/or district attorney believe you did have something to do with it, then they can charge you, regardless of what your friend says.

in the police report he had said that the two girls were asking about the video they were caught on, when i had never said a word, so could that be used against me even if it is not true?
Good question. And since the above makes absolutely no sense, how should we know?

D

dddlll33880088

the only crime i commited was choosing a bad friend. how could everything she had done be put on me?

CdwJava

Well ... what were you doing while your friend was shoplifting? Covering for them in some way? Acting as a lookout? Blocking the view to them?

Essentially, anything less than saying, "You're stealing - I'm outta here!" could land you in the same pot of boiling water as your friend.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">