• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jillybell

What is the name of your state? Texas

what can happen if you dont pay medical bills? we have insurance. Last year we had enormous medical bills, just unbelievable. We cant pay the part not covered by insurance, its thousand of dollars. I have tried to negotiate with the hospital, but they simply dont care. They have already turned us over to a collection agency. Can they do anything worse than that?

ellencee

what can happen if you dont pay medical bills? we have insurance. Last year we had enormous medical bills, just unbelievable. We cant pay the part not covered by insurance, its thousand of dollars. I have tried to negotiate with the hospital, but they simply dont care. They have already turned us over to a collection agency. Can they do anything worse than that?
Oh, yes. They can and will sue you for the balance, obtain a judgment and send JETX to knock on your door and collect the money. When he gets there, how about using your picture phone (even if you have to borrow one) and give me a call? :)

Seriously, you need to set up payments and pay on time so that the collection agency will not take legal action.

Best wishes,
EC

J

Jillybell

Oh, yes. They can and will sue you for the balance, obtain a judgment and send JETX to knock on your door and collect the money. When he gets there, how about using your picture phone (even if you have to borrow one) and give me a call?

i get it now. this forum is just designed to help you drum up business. lawyers are sleazy. :rolleyes:

ellencee

oh great Jillybell--please forgive me for wrongly assuming you had any sense of humor and forgive me for kidding about wanting a pic of JETX.

Other than that--I hope you get banned from this site.

EC

J

Jillybell

ellencee said:
oh great Jillybell--please forgive me for wrongly assuming you had any sense of humor and forgive me for kidding about wanting a pic of JETX.

Other than that--I hope you get banned from this site.

feel free to ban me. you said:

Seriously, you need to set up payments and pay on time so that the collection agency will not take legal action

you call that legal advice? lol....legal advice is where you state what the law can and cant do......

T

truly

No cutting remarks to follow...

Contact the hospital again, ask for the department of social work. Bring them your bills from the hospital, in collection status or not. Normally they can help to arrange suitable & affordable payments for co-insurance & deductibles if you are or were underinsured or unable to pay at the time the bills were incurred. Keep your chin up :)

J

Jillybell

thanks truly. i did contact a patient representative. part of our bills were turned over to collection. part of them are currently due. part of them, we havent yet received a bill for , even though the date of treatment was 9 months ago!!! needless to say its a mess, and the patient representative couldnt even give me a figure on what i owed!!!! they have my daughter down as a patient there in July of last year, which she was not. i want to pay what i owe, but not one cent more. thanks for the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">