• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company asking me to return item purchased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

ymichael12

State: Oregon

If I ordered an item at a reputable company online for say $400. They charged my credit card and shipped the item to my house. I now have the item in hand and have paid the company. The company is now stating that the real cost of the item should have been $600 and I need to either pay the difference or send the item back. Is this legal? And can the company make me do anything or is the transaction complete?

JETX

Is the item you received the EXACT same item as ordered??? If so, the transaction is complete. Send them a very nice 'thank you' letter.

If they made an error and shipped you the incorrect item, then you need to negotiate their paying for shipping and return the item.

Y

ymichael12

item was the EXACT same as ordered,

Send a Ty for the item that they incorrectly priced....genius...thanks

nextwife

Wow! What if the item had been a gift and you no longer possessed it?

When you placed the order, was the purchase confirmed at the $400 or $600 price? Did you believe you were buying an item for $400, or $600?

JETX

None of that is relevant. The bottom line is.... they offered to sell for a price, the writer agreed to pay the price stipulated. Payment was made. Product was delivered and accepted. The contract has been completed.
The only way that the contract would be void is if the seller can show that there was an obvious error.... that is why I asked if they might have shipped the wrong item.
At this point, the transaction (contract) is completed.

C

charmander

DELL have had to fork over several thousands PC at very cheap price, sometime under $200 or even $100 because pricing and rebates lapses in similar situation.

If they demand money, you can always contact the DA for extortion :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">