• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

secondary49

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hey, I was wondering how I could be given legal advice by an attorney for my underage drinking ticket. My court date is tommorow, and I would like to talk to a punlic defender before I make a plea. How could I arrange this with the court? Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

secondary49 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hey, I was wondering how I could be given legal advice by an attorney for my underage drinking ticket. My court date is tommorow, and I would like to talk to a punlic defender before I make a plea. How could I arrange this with the court? Thanks

My response:

It's all going to happen for you tomorrow at your "Pre-Trial" hearing. At the hearing, the court will ask whether you're ready to make your Plea. You'll say "No, your Honor. I need to speak with an attorney, and I can't afford one." The court will say to you, "Oh my God, not another freakin' indigent taxpayer draining idiot!". You'll say, "Yes, your Honor. I am a scum of the Earth and my mere existence on this planet is a drain on Society - - I should be dead." The judge will say, "Okay, since I have to put up with you, I'll release you on your "own recognizance" with no bail and expect you back in my court on August 29, 2004, at 8:30 a.m., WITH counsel to enter your plea. Go see the public defender's office in Room 203, down the hallway."

IAAL

ptlmejo

Even though I'm a few days late on this, I'll enlighten you:

Your case is civil. You are not entitiled to legal representation at public expense.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That might be state-specific, ptl. I know several people who had some civil traffic issues, and were told - by the judge - that they had the right to counsel and if they qualified, one would be provided for them.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ptlmejo said:
Even though I'm a few days late on this, I'll enlighten you:

Your case is civil. You are not entitiled to legal representation at public expense.

My response:

Pimento, I wish you knew what you were talking about - - but you don't.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">