• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mip?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Colombiano

What is the name of your state? Texas

We pulled up into the parking lot of a club and the cops walked up on us as we got out of the car there was a bottle of licor in the back seat there was also somebody 21 in the back, he asked me if it was my bottle i said no, he asked if i had been drinking i said no, i didnt get a breathalizer, but he wrote me a Minor in Possesion ticket, i plead not guilty and my court date is coming up. What are my chances of winning? Do u think its a valip mip ticket even though the person drivin and a person in the back was 21? The 21 yr old person was sittin in the middle but they cops didnt even see most of us were already put of the car.
The person driving (over 21) claimed to own the bottle. If i bring this up in court and they call him in could they get him for open container now when this happened months ago? And on top of that they didn't take the bottle or pour it out or nothing. thanks

CdwJava

If TX law does not permit open containers in the car, or defines MIP as any alcohol being within the reach of a minor (under 21), then yep - guilty.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">