• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggrevated Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

otbrink

I live in NY. Recently I was charged with aggrevated harrassment by a former lover that contacted my wife and told her about our affair. I was calling my ex-lover to ask that she stop calling my wife and I. I went to our local police department and played 19 voicemails from my ex, filed a complaint and was told that they could not issue an arrest warrant as there was no threat of bodily harm. I was also informed that they would call my ex and tell her that she is to stop calling both my wife and I. It would only be upon her not heeding this warning would she be subject to arrest. After hearing the officer out, she obliged him and proceeded to go to her local precint, and file like charges against me. A warrant was issued for my arrest, and now I am facing charges. What can I do?

CdwJava

What is she charging you with?

What you need to do is get a lawyer. I doubt that anyone here can give you any very good tactical advice given the lack of details.

Carl

O

otbrink

Reply to CDWJAVA...

She is charging me with Aggrevated Harrassment. I have retained an attorney. Just seeking any further advice that can be of help.

HomeGuru

otbrink said:
She is charging me with Aggrevated Harrassment. I have retained an attorney. Just seeking any further advice that can be of help.
**A: further advice would be to keep in contact with your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">