• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mbrown04

What is the name of your state? CA
A tree limb fell on my car while parked at work in a designated employee parking space. There is nothing in the employee manual, nor any sign in the parking lot, that serves notice of any limited liability for parking there. It was a Eucalyptus tree (which often loose limbs), but I was not parked directly underneath it. Is my employer liable for the damages to my car?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

mbrown04 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
A tree limb fell on my car while parked at work in a designated employee parking space. There is nothing in the employee manual, nor any sign in the parking lot, that serves notice of any limited liability for parking there. It was a Eucalyptus tree (which often loose limbs), but I was not parked directly underneath it. Is my employer liable for the damages to my car?

**A: and what did your insurance agent tell you?

M

mbrown04

Reply to HomeGuru's question

I haven't contacted them as they have a reputation for canceling policies after only one claim. Even if this is untrue, I don't want my rates to go up.

JETX

Simply, what is the basis for your assumption that they might somehow be at fault??? What was their negligence?? Or what proof that it was done with malice??
Or even that they are responsible for anything that happens in the parking lot?? Or that it is even their property??

stephenk

"I haven't contacted them as they have a reputation for canceling policies after only one claim"

What's the name of your carrier?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">