• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Failure to Appear - Is this Excuse Legitimate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

ParisGreen04

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I have the Failure to Appear Warrent and the Works. As a result my DL has been suspended and I received a notice my insurance company will drop me.

In another thread I'd read about a cyclist who was going to argue his bike was stolen to reduce or eliminate the fines and warrants. It was suggested that one making that argument may want to lend credibility to their story by providing a filed police report concerning the theft incident

I was diagnosed with ADHD and Bi-Polar Disorder last week. My research has shown that a common accurance among "my kind" is "Paralysis of the Will." Its basically an evolution of the condition of Procrastination. The difference being the Procrastination is a choice, whereas paralysis is an inability. This inability is results from Fear especially as related to future imagined anxiety.

Through treatment, the Paralysis can be overcome and I am just in the beginning stages of that treatment. Could the existence of said condition be considered a legitimate excuse? Do I have any rights according to the ADA? What evidence do you think a person who chose to argue this line of reasoning would need to provide to establish credibility and to verify the claims? Any brainstorming ideas that can help I'd appreciate.

You Are Guilty

While I have as much chance of being the next King of Sweden as that uh... "defense", you still get my vote. Have you considered a career in creative writing while you spend your license-less days at home? You show promise.

CdwJava

The ADA and your "disorders" do not give you a defense in the commission of crimes. And if you were to make the successful argument, the logical result would be the revocation of your license for medical reasons.

I suppose you could offer that as a "plea" - exchange your license for a "not guilty" ... but is it worth it?

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">