• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband M.I.A for 10 years can I get divorced fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

macanut72

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My husband left me 10 years ago, I don't know where he is, I believe in another country. I am getting married hopfully in Sept. 04 how can I get divorced? No kids or anything financial is involved.

JETX

You need to talk with a local divorce attorney. It is likely that the only way to dissolve your marriage is to get a court order due to reason of abandonment. Since there are specific requirements as to published notices, etc., it is likely that it will NOT be done fast... or even in time for your scheduled 'marriage'. And if you do not legally handle your current marriage status, your 'new' marriage will not be legal.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Don't expect to marry in September. Your divorce is unlikely to be final by then. Perhaps September 2005.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">