• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband, wife, illegetimate child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sarahmeg

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband got a woman pregnant. Will my income be taken into consideration if she sues for child support?

nextwife

After a birth, he should get a lawyer and demand a DNA test before signing any paternity acknowledgment. If she slept with one married guy, maybe she slept with more than one.

Your income should not be included, but do keep your own assets seperate.

A

agent68

Sara,

Your husband got a woman pregnant, and all that you are worried about is if your income will be considered if she sues him for child support?? What in the hell are you thinking???!!!!

My first reaction is UM HELLOoOoOo???......OF COURSE NOT, BECAUSE YA DITCHED THE CHEATING SCUM BAG!!

Then I snapped outta that and thought....ok, this lady is asking a "serious" question.

I live in Oregon, and here NO my income would not be considered when calculating HIS support for a child he brought into this world. YOU did not get this lady pregnant HE did....but I cant speak your laws in your state. I would suggest calling your local support enforcement division for a correct answer.

Good luck....I think! :confused:

Last edited:
Seems like it depends on the state .....I would suggest you DO NOT take out your rage on the child. It has no blame here. Place the blame on them not the kid.
This child deserves child support, and so does it's mother. Your decision to stay is questionable, and I can see that you are blaming her totally. Please, act mature, and you should divorce this man, as he must have done this before. He didnt even care enough about you to use a condom. So, stay and be a doormant (but I love you, honey, she was just a one night stand, she didnt mean a thing, blah blah blah. ) your terribly naive to belive him. Now there is a lifelong reminder of his cheating. Happy? Still wanna stand by him? Then you be supportive of the baby. Dont hate it.

ejmmolina

your income does not matter i live in texas also. however if he gets behind they can take property in which you are part owner. Check out the texas attorney general site or go to your local library most have law section which we found to be most help ful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">