• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

losing my license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nixem311

What is the name of your state? NJ

ok guys heres the deal... i used to be pretty wreckless @ driving.. would street race constantly .. ect..

i have liek 8 points on my license.. 4 carless driving violations that were amended to no point violations that under nj law once you hit 4 no point violatiions they each become a point.. .. a few careless driving tickets that stuck.. a fewe speeding... ect.. abstract sucks.. lol

now.. heres the problem.. there telling me .. " be careful .. i get anythig else im gonna loose my license due to points" becuase in nj you can only have 12 point..

well heres the problem.. i have 2 pending careless driving tickets and a passing on the right ticket that i still have to goto court for.. so its pretty for sure that im going to loose it

they have never sent me to defenceive driving class so thats my only hope..

what should i do.. .

my dad lives in ohio.. and a few of my best friends live in texas... can i get a license there.. and drive there illl even not drive in NJ if i cant.. id liek to be able to but ill move to either texas or ohio to be able to drive for the 6 months that im sure there gonna be take my license for... ill goto school and work there..

ANY IDEAS??

Last edited:

dequeendistress

It looks like you are going to lose that license and before any other state issues a license they are going to check to see if your license is suspended.

N

nixem311

dequeendistress said:
It looks like you are going to lose that license and before any other state issues a license they are going to check to see if your license is suspended.

now on that note.. since i basically know the date im getting my license .. cant i get a licnese in another state before i loose it here in NJ??

Market

This is a wake up call for you. My brother used to drive like you. Then he got into it with a nutcase. The guy followed him home and is now stalking him periodically and unexpectedly. BTW I think he tried to pass him on the right too but the guy wouldn't let him pass. He swung around and cut the guy off but I think the guy would have followed him home anyway for trying to pass on the right.

N

nixem311

Market said:
This is a wake up call for you. My brother used to drive like you. Then he got into it with a nutcase. The guy followed him home and is now stalking him periodically and unexpectedly. BTW I think he tried to pass him on the right too but the guy wouldn't let him pass. He swung around and cut the guy off but I think the guy would have followed him home anyway for trying to pass on the right.

ya i already know that.. im saying .. is there any way to keep driving....

HomeGuru

nixem311 said:
ya i already know that.. im saying .. is there any way to keep driving....

**A: no, we don't want you driving. It's scary and dangerous with you on the roads.

N

nixem311

HomeGuru said:
**A: no, we don't want you driving. It's scary and dangerous with you on the roads.

**A: first off.. i learned my lesson... 2nd off.. i think these answers are just comments due to lack of anyone really knowing the answer..

--Paul--

M

meerkat3232

You learned your lesson???

....."i have 2 pending careless driving tickets and a passing on the right ticket that i still have to goto court for"......I don't think you've learned a thing. You probably can get a license in another state anyway before your current one is pulled, but at some if not most DMV's you need proof of residency in the state before they will issue you a license, and many states are now connected by computers and if your license suspends in one state, the other stste may or may not see this, and then suspend you in their state. Follow the rules of the road, and this won't be an issue for you.

N

nixem311

meerkat3232 said:
....."i have 2 pending careless driving tickets and a passing on the right ticket that i still have to goto court for"......I don't think you've learned a thing. You probably can get a license in another state anyway before your current one is pulled, but at some if not most DMV's you need proof of residency in the state before they will issue you a license, and many states are now connected by computers and if your license suspends in one state, the other stste may or may not see this, and then suspend you in their state. Follow the rules of the road, and this won't be an issue for you.

the last ticket i got was 9 months ago .. last august... just been @ school .. so the court dates have been postponed..... i think ive learned my lesson..

anywyas.. do we know if texas or ohio are states in which will find out when my license in NJ.. cause those are the 2 states i can prove residency in..

--Paul--

M

meerkat3232

Have no idea

I had my two boo-boos in 1997 and in 2002, they were in separate states, same infraction. The second state did not know of the incident in first state, so it counted as first offense (got lucky there). My homestate where I was licensed found out about neither. During suspension time I was free to drive in my homestate, but it would have been a risk to drive in any other stste, you just never know what is in a computer. TX and OH are out of my experience area. Good job keeping it clean for 9 months.

N

nixem311

meerkat3232 said:
I had my two boo-boos in 1997 and in 2002, they were in separate states, same infraction. The second state did not know of the incident in first state, so it counted as first offense (got lucky there). My homestate where I was licensed found out about neither. During suspension time I was free to drive in my homestate, but it would have been a risk to drive in any other stste, you just never know what is in a computer. TX and OH are out of my experience area. Good job keeping it clean for 9 months.

if th startes u think i can get a license for the short time is somewhere cool ..like cali .. or florida.. ill be down to going there.. just lemmie know... cause i can basically goto school anywhere..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">