• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DocNN

What is the name of your state?

PA

First, let me say that I have never had a traffic ticket in the last 10 years of driving. I am 47 years old and at my age, I observe speed limits. Occasionally, I may go beyond speed limit to pass a car or truck in isolated cases. I recently got a ticket for doing 75 in a 55 zone right outside Harrisburg on I83-South. This is the point where I81 splits into two parts, I83-South and I81-South. I was forced to speed up because a semi was in the lane and I found myself in the wrong lane at that point. Also, if I had slowed down, the car behind me would have hit me. So, I speeded up to pass the truck and get into the correct lane. Should I appeal the ticket? If I do not and plead guilty, what happens? Since I have never had a ticket before, I do not know the implications of pleading guilty versus not guilty.

Since I live about an hour away from Harrisburg, I would rather not have to take time off to go to court.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">