• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fee Arbitration question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

Four months ago I filed for Mandatory Fee Arbitration (MFA), based on some charges I felt were unsubstantiated, along with requesting that the fees be reduced based on some decisions that were made. Although there hasn't been a date set for the hearing, I've started preparing all of my information for presentation. In the Response to my MFA Declaration that was filed, my Attorney states a different payment arrangment than what is stated in the Settlement Agreement I signed. Since I filed for MFA, my attorney has refused to communicate with me. I have not received a Statement of my Account since September of 2003. In the Retainer Agreement I signed, I gave a Power of Attorney For Depositing Checks, and a Settlement Payment is due on or by August 1st. Based on the descrepancy surrounding the Settlement Agreement, can I rescind the Power of Attorney until MFA issue is resolved?

Thank You.

divgradcurl

Since I filed for MFA, my attorney has refused to communicate with me.
That's because you are "adverse" to one another now. You're not his client anymore (at lest with respect to the fee arbitration) -- you are now his adversary.

I gave a Power of Attorney For Depositing Checks, and a Settlement Payment is due on or by August 1st. Based on the descrepancy surrounding the Settlement Agreement, can I rescind the Power of Attorney until MFA issue is resolved?
Yes, you can rescind the power or attorney.

What is the basic procedure to rescind the POA

Thanks for the quick response.

What is the procedure? Is it just a matter of filling out a specific form and having it delivered appropriately? Does it need to be notorized or served?

Thanks Again!

Eric

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">