• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

web theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boardbound

What is the name of your state? ontario

some guy's ripped off our name, our slogan and our content(models/actors portfolios)

asked him to remove the pilfered images, he admits to taking them without consent from myself, the talent or their reps but refuses to take them down until i apologise for calling him a thief(which i never said outright).

i'm notifying the talent and reps tomorrow, have posted a warning on our front page.

problem is, i'm in toronto, he's in the uk. and currently i can't afford a lawyer. i'm hoping the talents' reps will be able to get him to can the fake profiles - he's using their images but has changed their names and contact info.

questions:

a) what actions can i take here against him there?
b) any chance of convincing his isp in dallas to temrinate his account (i know that might be temporary but i have no qualms about staying on him and shutting it down every time it goes up, if that's possible)
c) any directions for letters of cease and dissist, letters i can send his isp

i don't care that he's providing a similar service, it's that he's ripped me off and is using my client's in his junky scam.

thanks

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

Amazing. I guess my Alzheimers is kicking in again since I seem to have forgotten just when the US annexed Canada. Wow, I always wanted to practice in Vancouver too... :cool:

B

boardbound

You Are Guilty said:
Amazing. I guess my Alzheimers is kicking in again since I seem to have forgotten just when the US annexed Canada. Wow, I always wanted to practice in Vancouver too... :cool:

?? :confused:

divgradcurl

From the top of the page:

Posting a question in the forum? Your question may have already been answered. Please first check our home page links to full sections of professionally answered questions. Then search the forums archive of over 600,000 previously posted Q & A s. Questions about U.S. law ONLY. Please Include your state, be civil, brief, and to the point, and use lower case letters.

B

boardbound

pfffttt...

believe it or not, though there are some variances, the laws between the 3 countries are pretty similar... perhaps some of those U.S. laws would help in my complaint to be filed with the ISP in dallas... but then again, i suppose texas doesn't really count either

but thanks for the time, much appreciated

O

okamsrazor

Canada is such a waste of land. i think we should pave it over to make more parking for the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">