• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex wants the gross income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lsharra

What is the name of your state?arkansas, is this legal, can my husband ex use his gross income to determine the monthly child support he owes? if so that does not leave us much to live off of. he only brings home 1034.00 every two weeks. gross is 1352.00 every two weeks. and she and her attorney wants 540.00 a month. he owes no back c/s payments, no back doctor bill payments. she owes use back doctor bill payments from one of the childern that lives with us, but now is 18 this year. she has the younger child.we talked to an attorney before we talked to her and ours said they go by net pay and that is some where like 97.00 a week. what do u think? :eek:

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Whatever Arkansas guidelines say you use, is what you use. The ex isn't someone your husband should take legal advice from. He should listen to his lawyer, and make sure that he's paying whatever the court orders him to pay.

L

lsharra

yes i know this. he is trying to get along with her for the yonger child and he is not thinking with his headonly his heart. he knows he will have to get his attorney on this. the ex told him that she would take care of it and send him papers so this way we all would not be out on attorney fees like in the passed. i don't and never will trust her, she has all ways been a blister on my butt! i don't have much in put on this. :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lsharra said:
i don't and never will trust her, she has all ways been a blister on my butt! i don't have much in put on this. :rolleyes:

My response:

Yes, but you married her right along with your husband. This is what happens when you marry a man with "baggage" - - you get the WHOLE enchilada! As long as there are minor children, you get to be married to her too!

So, you really have nothing to complain about. You knew the potential for problems when you got married - - yet you accepted the situation anyway.

IAAL

L

lsharra

yes you are so right, that is why when i do talk about her to family i call her my ex wife. ;)

Last edited:

SRREED

Just do a search on the internet using Arkansas child support guidelines orArkansas child support calculator . It should lead you to where you need to find out info. Most states have a support calculator that you can use. The gross income is put for the amount of income but the calculator has a formula for taxes build into it so it takes the taxes into consideration. It should give you the exact amount of child support. It does not use Net becuase that would be slanted because a person could put in whatever taxes they wanted to put. Hope this helps.

L

lsharra

thanks, i have used that and it come up alot less then what his ex came up with like 130.00 less a month just as our attorney came up with, i just can't figure out where his ex and her attorney came up with their figure.
i have a little news to share i was shocked to say the least. the ex has turned a new leaf and it is kind of scarey :eek: she handed over some papers to her son to give to us and she agreed to 108.00 a week c/s and has also agreed to wait intill august 1 of this year to start it , b/c the child is visiting for the rest of the summer. i am talking about a women that never, never thinks of no one but herself at all times. this is what i yhink why. she is afraid that the boy will want to stay here so she does not have to pay us c/s. b/c he has made it clear that he would like to come back. i can not put this family threw what he has put us threw before, it was way to emotional, as much as i would love to do this myself i can 't do it to the other two boys here. :eek:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">