• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible property line encroachment.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lotsofdeer

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have owned rural acreage in Morgan County Missouri for just over two years.
I have never been able to find any property or survey markers on one end of
my property. I beleive, but am not positive the owner of the bordering property may have encroached on my property with a small building (used as a deer stand or blind). I have scheduled a survey which can not be done until mid-August at earliest. The bordering property is currently for sale. Should I contact the Real Estate agent to let him know that there may be a property line problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Happy Trails

I'm no lawyer just someone like you in a similiar situation

I'm posted under "we surveyed and theres a problem" I am sitting here thinking what our next steps are and I get advice to contact an attorney, I could have figured that out.

But if I were you that's exactly what I would do it can't hurt to let the realtor know of your plans. They certainly don't want to be responsible telling prospective buyers mis-information. Couldn't hurt.

If you have info regarding my post referring to the bottom of mine the 3 questions I asked please help.

HomeGuru

lotsofdeer said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have owned rural acreage in Morgan County Missouri for just over two years.
I have never been able to find any property or survey markers on one end of
my property. I beleive, but am not positive the owner of the bordering property may have encroached on my property with a small building (used as a deer stand or blind). I have scheduled a survey which can not be done until mid-August at earliest. The bordering property is currently for sale. Should I contact the Real Estate agent to let him know that there may be a property line problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike
**A: yes.............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">