• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

automobile purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wildcherry2

What is the name of your state?virginia

i purchased a van from a private owner in feb. i as well as my boyfriend had several coversationsand or visits with the seller prior to the actual sale.the van had a tire package(rims and low profile tires). when he signed the title and took my $1800, the van still had the tire package. when i picked up the van the following day he had switched them to regular rusty tires and hubcaps. the seller never mentioned to me that he was making this change. do i have a case because to my understanding once he signed that title and took my money he had no right to remove anything other than what he stated to me which was personal belongings inside the van. because had i known his intentions i would have reconsidered because the tire package made the van worth what he was asking.the only evidence i have is a receipt signed by the seller stating van bought as is on the date of sale pictures of the rims on his new van, and a witness who was there during the visits my boyfriend made to his house, please help.

BL

It doesn't cost much to file small claims action,but I think your case will be weak and you may be disappointed.

First, before any money and title exchanged hands,the van should have been emptied of his belongings .

Second once the title and money exchanged hands, you should have took the Van with you ,then and there .

You will first have a problem with convincing the Judged your story. He can Deny that was the deal.

If the Judge believed you, you have to show the court some kind of worth for those particular rims and tires .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">