• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cat45

What is the name of your state? VA

I'm really naive when it comes to traffic laws, and I'm not quite sure what happens when you get a ticket for an expired registration. It wasn't even my car that I was driving at the time, AND the officer spelt my name wrong. What happens with a ticket like this, can i show them that i've renewed the registration and make everything go away? Does the fact that I wasn't driving my car and that the officer make a mistake effect the outcome? Any information would be helpful! :)

CdwJava

Its ultimately the owner's responsibility to take care of the registration, but if he does not then YOU could face the consequences.

And spelling your name wrong will NOT get the cite dismissed.

Get on your friend to get his registration taken care of and bring that proof with you to court.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">