• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sofree

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I am seeking advise...My son had a child by a girl in Ohio...Since then she has moved to Michigan and is now married....My son pays child support and always has...She just will not let him see his son.....I have not seen him since 1998....She told him her husband wants to adopt him......
All I want is to see him sometimes, get pictures and have general information about him.......What can I do.....

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can do nothing. Does your son have a visitation order? If not - why not? If yes - why isn't he filing against her for contempt?

S

sofree

ohio
He is going to fight it...I hope so....At least he said he was.....So he can do nothing, even though he pays her...?..How sad...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Where did you get that he can do nothing? Support and visitation are separate issues. If he wants to see the kid, he needs a visitation order.

frylover

What stealth said was YOU can't do anything. Your son can. The ball is in his court.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">