• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Ticket, Going to Court soon :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trev

What is the name of your state? CT

To start off, im a 17 year old male. This will be relivant later on in the post. In the month of march, I got a speeding ticket, 84 in a 65. After closely examining the ticket, I see that the cop put I was born in 1966. Under CT law, people under 21 have a different style licence than people do over 21. I am under 21, so I would have a different style licence than someone that is 38. Also my licence has a huge thing in like a 21 font on the bottom saying UNDER 21 UNTIL ........ There is a huge age gap here, I do not think I look like someone that old at all :p I have court soon, and I was wondering if this is a valid case? Questionable identity, or something to that effect? Thanks for reading

--Trev

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Trev said:
What is the name of your state? CT

To start off, im a 17 year old male. This will be relivant later on in the post. In the month of march, I got a speeding ticket, 84 in a 65. After closely examining the ticket, I see that the cop put I was born in 1966. Under CT law, people under 21 have a different style licence than people do over 21. I am under 21, so I would have a different style licence than someone that is 38. Also my licence has a huge thing in like a 21 font on the bottom saying UNDER 21 UNTIL ........ There is a huge age gap here, I do not think I look like someone that old at all :p I have court soon, and I was wondering if this is a valid case? Questionable identity, or something to that effect? Thanks for reading

--Trev
**A: Nice try. What is your excuse for speeding? Oh, that's ok.

T

Trev

Well, the 84 i dont think was right, I was in the right lane of traffic on a 2 lane highway, there were people passing me in the left lane, and the cop didn't pull me over till like 3 miles afterwards. He wasn't directly following me either. He was behind a few other cars. If I was going 84, wouldn't that be something the cop would wanna pull me over right away? Get me off the road at that speed?

You Are Guilty

No.

And what's with all the probational, uner-18 drivers who can't figure out they shouldn't be speeding? Ah well, all the better for me that he'll be off the road, I drive through CT rather often...

T

Trev

Off the road? Nah. I might have to pay a ticket, but thats it. Its under 20 so I will not get my licence pulled

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">