• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brenda Hudson

What is the name of your state?Kansas My parents estate was recently auctioned off(contents of the houses) my sister was in charge of the estate & decieded my brother was to take over this phase. My sister had no contract with the auctioneer. The final totals don't match what he told us at the end of the auction. There were several items missing from the house prior to the auction, which we brought to the attention of the auctioneer the day of the auction. 3 days prior to the auction, his staff had items in the yard and porch for the upcoming auction, my brother drove by and people were walking off with all the merchandise. How could they put stuff oustide and expect it to still be there days later? The auctioneer has deducted from our check the est. amount for the items that were missing. Can he do this?
He has not provided us with a detailed list of the sale items either. He also was selling items from the house AFTER the auction was over. Exp: He sold a console TV for $1.00. Can he do that? We made it clear that the items left were not to be disposed of. I know we are at a disavantage with no contract, but we were not aware until after the fact.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">