• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rape Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Ms. Who

What is the name of your state? Minnesota. However, this question concerns a crime in Arizona.

A good friend of mine was raped recently. She is a minor. The man who did it is older than 18 and is not from Arizona (she is in Arizona, he lives in California.) She went to the police with her sister and they told her they can't do anything because it was his first offense.

Is this true? What can they do? Aren't there laws in Arizona that can convict him?

Thank you.

CdwJava

Ms. Who said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota. However, this question concerns a crime in Arizona.

A good friend of mine was raped recently. She is a minor. The man who did it is older than 18 and is not from Arizona (she is in Arizona, he lives in California.) She went to the police with her sister and they told her they can't do anything because it was his first offense.

Is this true? What can they do? Aren't there laws in Arizona that can convict him?

Thank you.
Either you are not getting the truth, or there is far more to the story. It is NOT true that a "first offense" of rape gets a free pass. Nope. Not true at all. It may be that the case cannot be proven, but certainly not that nothing will happen.

Carl

D

d8ddysgirl

I agree with Carl. Something is not right. How do they know its his first offense or not. Did they do an extensive check just off your conversation? Did she know him?

Oh there's alot more to this story that meets the eye. Plus there is a difference between regretable sex and rape.

HomeGuru

Ms. Who said:

Thank you.
**A: under that "first offense" pretzel logic, we would have murderers, bank robbers etc. all running rampant..........Oh, yeah, we already do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">