• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Codes needed regarding conflict of interest please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CaliCat

What is the name of your state? California

Oh, if only we could afford attorneys. If I ever win the lottery, I swear to God I'm donating a large chunk to help people who can't afford attorneys. it's frightening to do it alone when a child you love is at stake.

Two situations, both involving fathers and their children (the first a son, the second a daughter).

A friend of mine needs the codes or sections of law regarding conflict of interest with an attorney. The attorney once represented him pro bono, and is now representing his ex on the same case. She offered the attorney money, and the attorney took it. That attorney knows confidential info about my friend, and he does not want that attorney now representing his ex with the info he knows. The court (family court here) won't help him with an appointed attorney. He's disabled, so money for a private attorney is out of the question. His ex has abducted the child once and attempted to take him out of country (to Romania, where she's from) and has 17 convictions of child abuse (beating him black and blue) in the last three years, and the son already knows what his new name is going to be when she takes him overseas because she told him. The son has told the police who say "a crime hasn't been committed yet" and that the rest of the family having already left overseas and the mother being an illegal immigrant working (at least until she quit a couple weeks ago citing a move) under a false ID and someone else's social security number (both which have been proven) and is packing up her house is not proof enough to intervene.

Also, my boyfriend's ex and her attorney were both absent from a court trial. No notice to the court. So the county cousel for CPS represented BOTH the ex AND her attorney that day. Apparently they had been in contact with the ex and her attorney and knew their schedules and everything, and requested documents on behalf of the attorney!! The judge allowed this (one of the grounds for his recusal today, which he ignored and immediately gave custody to the mother, no visitation to the father, permanent order, see thread https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=678833#post678833 ). What codes are there regarding this? Also case law would be helpful.

I know I've been asking a lot lately. We are both extremely busy with so much. Every spare minute is spent on this. I have a disability, so I work on this all day, and he works on it until well past midnight every night. We are trying. We're 23 and 25 and can't afford a private attorney (my boyfriend sold his house and used that money, combined with the small trust he had, for a private one until money ran out, so he's done what he can). The appointed attorney is more concerned with looking cooperative, so she refused to even file a contempt motion or ask for visitation for my boyfriend for Father's Day. She's very flightly, and I had to personally tell her what a recusal is a few months ago. The rest of the county attorneys have represented the mother already and can't represent him. So please don't flame us for asking so many questions lately. We are trying so hard to keep his little girl safe, and now he isn't even allowed to see her.

Please help us in any way you can with these codes or any way else. Thank you.

BlondeIntel

Fears ex will abduct child

CaliCat said:
His ex has abducted the child once and attempted to take him out of country (to Romania, where she's from) and has 17 convictions of child abuse (beating him black and blue) in the last three years, and the son already knows what his new name is going to be when she takes him overseas because she told him. The son has told the police who say "a crime hasn't been committed yet" and that the rest of the family having already left overseas and the mother being an illegal immigrant working (at least until she quit a couple weeks ago citing a move) under a false ID and someone else's social security number (both which have been proven) and is packing up her house is not proof enough to intervene.
CaliCat,

I'd try posting your questions on this part in FAMILY LAW

You Are Guilty

Until the thread is moved, you can file a complant with the CA Bar Assoc. for a violation of the disciplinary rules (my guess is, at a minimum, 3-310 would cover it.)

Actually, you can file a complaint even after the thread is moved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">