• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault, Threatening & Intimidating, Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Arizona

My husband was recently charged with the 3 items listed in the title above.
He's an ass and I'll be the first to admit it.

His arraignment is next week and he plans to plead not guilty.

I have done some research and found that all three charges are Class 1 misdemeandors which are punishable by $2500.00 fine (each) and up to 6 months in jail.

If he gets convicted of all three offenses the fines could be $7500.00 which we just can not afford (also going through a bankruptcy at the moment).

I am concerned that the court could put a lien on my home (It's in my maiden name and was purchased BEFORE we were married) or dock my wages. Is this a possibility?

Secondly, this would be his 2nd conviction for disorderly conduct. The first was expunged after attending anger management classes, paying a fine, and 2 years of no further arrests. I'm assuming the court will not allow another expungment this time and that they will be harsher with the punishment? Am I correct?

I guess all I'm trying to figure out is just what to expect if he gets convicted or pleas this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">