• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Replacing a judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Willow1966

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My cousin was recently convicted of attempted murder even though the victim stated that they had both fallen and that's how he was stabbed. There were alot of evidence that the judge threw out lncluding my cousin's character, the fact that the soon to be ex-wife tried to bribe my cousin's parents, medical testimony plus more. This judge has postponed sentencing two times now. Is there anyway to request a new judge before sentencing?
I truly believe my cousin would have been found innocent of attempted murder if the jury would have heard all of the evidence. Plus my cousin has chrone's disease. How would that affect him in prison?

Thank you for your time.

Willow1966

Shay-Pari'e

Willow1966 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

My cousin was recently convicted of attempted murder even though the victim stated that they had both fallen and that's how he was stabbed. There were alot of evidence that the judge threw out lncluding my cousin's character, the fact that the soon to be ex-wife tried to bribe my cousin's parents, medical testimony plus more. This judge has postponed sentencing two times now. Is there anyway to request a new judge before sentencing?
I truly believe my cousin would have been found innocent of attempted murder if the jury would have heard all of the evidence. Plus my cousin has chrone's disease. How would that affect him in prison?

Thank you for your time.

Willow1966

The defendant cannot just ask for a new judge. because you or he does not like the outcome.

This is a "Murder" trial.

W

Willow1966

State of Michigan

I wrote asking about replacing a judge who refused to admit crucial evidence that could clear my cousin of attempted murder. The response I got was "you can't ask for a new judge just because you don't like the outcome". What kind of response is that? We are talking about a young man's life. This evidence would have cleared him if not for the judge. So, once again I am asking is there anyway to request a new judge before sentencing?

Willow1966

Shay-Pari'e

Willow1966 said:
State of Michigan

I wrote asking about replacing a judge who refused to admit crucial evidence that could clear my cousin of attempted murder. The response I got was "you can't ask for a new judge just because you don't like the outcome". What kind of response is that? We are talking about a young man's life. This evidence would have cleared him if not for the judge. So, once again I am asking is there anyway to request a new judge before sentencing?

Willow1966
AGAIN,

NO, you can't.

W

Willow1966

Replace a judge

Thanks for the free advice. Your heart felt answer really touched me. I'm through with this web site. Maybe I can find someone who really cares!

Shay-Pari'e

Willow1966 said:
Thanks for the free advice. Your heart felt answer really touched me. I'm through with this web site. Maybe I can find someone who really cares!
You asked a question, and you got the correct answer. This is not "Dear Abby".

azgrandpa

Paridise is correct, But!

But, what does your cousin's attorney think about the "crucial evidence" not being allowed? Your cousin's only option now is to have the attorney appeal the decision, based on that omitted evidence.

Your cousin's medical problems will most likely have no effect on his sentence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">