• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Louisiana Dead beat Dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bethsmom

What is the name of your state?Louisiana

I have a 15 year old daughter whose father is currently approxiamately 2k behind on child support. Is there a way in the state of Louisiana that I could file suit against him for his delinquency in small claims court or somehow get a legal solution to this matter as the state government will not do anything to rectify this matter until he is 5k behind. Being on a fixed income that is not something that can be allowed to happen.

splcstr2001

Arrears

Is he currently paying his support obligation?
Why is he behind? (unemployment, injury, etc.)?
My husband was behind in C/S for 3 years. Because he was paying his C/S and a portion to arrears the issue wasn't pressed.
Only If he was NOT paying could she have sought remedy for arrearage. They ended up in court anyway because of the medical coverage. She enrolled the kids w/out consulting him and started to send him the bill. He refused to pay her and that was her grounds for the modification.(Contempt).
The court worked out a payment plan to catch up on the arrears for the next 5 years.
On another note, I have often been told that one should NEVER rely on C/S as an income, ordered or not, for this exact reason. Some men are responsible, others are not.
You may wish to contact the C/S office, and or the State Attny Gen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">