• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Arizona

Our neighbor operates a business out of his home. One of his employees assaulted my husband while he was on their property. Our neighbor held my husband down so the employee could kick him in the head.

Can we sue our neighbor's company since it was the owner and an employee that committed the assault while on (technically) company property? Or we have to sue them as individuals?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ihatearizona said:
What is the name of your state?Arizona

Our neighbor operates a business out of his home. One of his employees assaulted my husband while he was on their property. Our neighbor held my husband down so the employee could kick him in the head.

Can we sue our neighbor's company since it was the owner and an employee that committed the assault while on (technically) company property? Or we have to sue them as individuals?

My response:

You have given us virtually no facts with which to give you any advice.

However, I will say this much - - your husband must have REALLY pissed off the neighbor!

IAAL

What more do you need? I'll I'm seeking is whether or not we can sue against his company or whether we'd have to sue him personally.

I believe that companies are responsible for the actions of their employees, especially when an act of violence is committed on company property. Is this correct or not?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ihatearizona said:
What more do you need? I'll I'm seeking is whether or not we can sue against his company or whether we'd have to sue him personally.

I believe that companies are responsible for the actions of their employees, especially when an act of violence is committed on company property. Is this correct or not?

My response:

How about telling us what led up to this fracas? How about telling us why your husband was on the neighbor's property? How about telling us who struck the first blow? How about telling us about the weapons being used?

I'm sure you can think of many more facts - - but we're not here to play "20 Questions" with you. You need to lay out all the facts if you want answers.

IAAL

He was invited on the property. The employee verbally harassed and then lunged at my husband. The company owner pinned my husband down and the employee proceeded to kick him in the head. No weapons were used.

bisto

"He was invited on the property. The employee verbally harassed and then lunged at my husband. The company owner pinned my husband down and the employee proceeded to kick him in the head. No weapons were used."

I love this forum.

What do you mean he was invited? like for breakfast? If you want to get a legitimate response you have have to post a legitimate question. You need to tell the truth and all of the truth - not half story that makes you and your husband out to be angels.

Why bother sueing? Did you have medical bills for a smack in th face? Even if you did get over it and move to another trailer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bisto said:
"He was invited on the property. The employee verbally harassed and then lunged at my husband. The company owner pinned my husband down and the employee proceeded to kick him in the head. No weapons were used."

I love this forum.

What do you mean he was invited? like for breakfast? If you want to get a legitimate response you have have to post a legitimate question. You need to tell the truth and all of the truth - not half story that makes you and your husband out to be angels.

Why bother sueing? Did you have medical bills for a smack in th face? Even if you did get over it and move to another trailer.

My response:

Damn!

You got to this post before I did. I would have said the same, exact, things as you have. I wouldn't change a word. You said it all.

I don't think she believed me when I said, "I'm sure you can think of many more facts - - but we're not here to play "20 Questions" with you. You need to lay out all the facts if you want answers."

Are we twins?

IAAL

Last edited:
Just admit that your sole purpose on these forums is to harass those of us seeking answers to serious questions and that you don't have ANY knowledge of the law.

Do everyone a favor and drop dead.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ihatearizona said:
Just admit that your sole purpose on these forums is to harass those of us seeking answers to serious questions and that you don't have ANY knowledge of the law.

Do everyone a favor and drop dead.

My response:

Lady, you're the one hiding facts. You're the one who's husband nearly "dropped dead".

You see, I don't care. I don't have to.

Go pay for your needed advice.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
"I believe that companies are responsible for the actions of their employees, especially when an act of violence is committed on company property. Is this correct or not?" No. This is not correct. A company is not responsible for the actions of their employees UNLESS the employee is acting within the scope of his employment at the time.

So unless you would care to provide some FACTS to show that the employee was acting in the scope of his employment, the answer to your question is no, you cannot sue the company.

NOW do you want to give us the whole story?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">