• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught Stealing Pharmies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tjp21

North Carolina

I was working at a private animal clinic and was caught stealing pharmacueticals. The police said it was a federal offense and I would serve a long sentence if I did not take the following deal: They offered me a deal where I could be an informant for them and go to purchase drugs (sometimes with their presence) although I have never signed paperwork with the department documenting this. I have worn a wire to a deal and have to keep in contact with a specific officer. I have since removed myself from the drug trade and maintaining contact by buying drugs is becoming more difficult. Are they allowed to use me like this with the charge hanging over my head? And if so, how long can they expect me to "work" for them with no documented agreement between me and the department?

CdwJava

As long as you are willing to be used, they can and will use you. You can always ask the police when they say you're done, but they may not give you the answer you want.

If I were you, I'd consult an attorney.

Carl

B

baitswitch

Dont do it ! Extremely arrogant of them to use you to entrap persons who were not involved with the original crime, ie asking you to snitch on anyone that you know of that has committed any crime. I understand if it is to bust the person who sold you the stuff you were busted with, but not unrelated crimes like that. I would think they would book you for theft and posession. Take your chances in court and go for drug rehab if offered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">