• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in another state Q and Advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anhloc

My friend and I went on a road trip and got one ticket each. one in wisconsin and one in michigan. we live in MN.
we accidentally threw away the ticket as trash when we return the rental car.
i know that in MN, the state remail you the ticket after so many days and request that you submit the payment or go to court. but I don't know about wisconsin or michigan.

I don't know which county I got the tickets in. Should I go out of my ways and call Wisconsin and Michigan to find the citation or just wait for them to mail it out (if they do)?
What would happens if We cannot get a hold of the citation / they do not resend the ticket and we didn't pay them on time or whatnot?

Thanks in advance for the input.

HomeGuru

anhloc said:
My friend and I went on a road trip and got one ticket each. one in wisconsin and one in michigan. we live in MN.
we accidentally threw away the ticket as trash when we return the rental car.
i know that in MN, the state remail you the ticket after so many days and request that you submit the payment or go to court. but I don't know about wisconsin or michigan.

I don't know which county I got the tickets in. Should I go out of my ways and call Wisconsin and Michigan to find the citation or just wait for them to mail it out (if they do)?
What would happens if We cannot get a hold of the citation / they do not resend the ticket and we didn't pay them on time or whatnot?

Thanks in advance for the input.

**A: yes, go out of your ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">