• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property claim????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpf

What is the name of your state?Alabama, I hope I am in the right forum. I'll start by saying that any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We have a small club of 6 members. 2 years ago,a member who is nolonger in the club, donated 4 sets of palate racks to the club to be incorparated in to shooting houses for guests and members to hunting out of. The membership went to an old storage house and helped him clean and load these items and which we hauled to the club. We used these "racks" to make shooting houses out of, burried the legs in the ground and framed up houses on them. This was 2 years ago. The racks were verbable donated and there were no documentation--4 members were persant when this member said "I'll buy these and donate them to the club to build shoothing houses out of." No one thought we needed to document or have this in writing.
Since then this member was voted out of the club and given writen notice that he needed to get all his personal items off the club property--which he did by the time he was allowed. He left the 4 sets of racks that he donated 2 years ago. Now his "buddy" decided not to re-join for this year and has told the president of the club he wants his racks--well they weren't his to begin with they were donated and they originally belonged to the other member. This "buddy" states the has a reciept for them--but it is from the other member.
It would be very hard to dismantle these racks since they are part of a house now. Would we as a club be liable for not taking these down and not giving them to this member? All they are trying to do is be difficult and give us a hard time and inconvience us.
Would there be legal ground if we didn't give them up? I was always told that anything that was fixed on the property-became part of that property and belonged to the land owner. Any help?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">