• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

B&E - Drug Bust?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

UnderArrest

I do realise that i live in Canada, however i would appreciate some comments.

It was pissing rain that day so me and 2 buddies decided to head to our local chillin spot, being buddy #1's sister's house. So we get there to find that the key isnt in its regular "spot. So we wait around for 5-10 minutes hoping the rain would stop, or his sisters boyfriend would arrive home from work. We figure we can pop a screen window out and hop into the front porch type thing and proceed into the house. Sounds like B&E BUT we DID have permission to be on the property as well as in the house! So we grind up some marijuana (1.8g to be exact) and we hear a loud knocking at the door.. Look out the window and we see cops. so we try and hide our articles in the kitchen (bong,digi,backpack,sludish) so the start cops are interrigating the house owners brother (buddy #1) and we claim that we are alowd to be in the house! we have permission... we were not rude or anything of that nature, but they proceed to waltz into the house and snoop around!!! they claimed they smelt marijuana so they're ******* attitudes kicked in pretty quick. The 1 cop notices a backpack and asks who it is, me being the dumb one ops up quickly because it was infact my backpack. He also found the dish of pot. and proceeded to search my backpack... he found dime bags and then just grabbed me and took me out to his cruiser and sat there for 10 mins trying to get me to snitch... i claimed that i scored it downtown (Which is fair enough??!) So he tells me that im "****in bull****tin" and takes me to the cop shop where he searches me throughly and find only a penny. Throws me in the tank for a good 2 hours, comes back and he had found some magic mushrooms. ( i had over a half oz, from what i can remember:(
They also found 3 scale boxes (only 1 containting a scale.
So now i am charged with 2 counts of drug traffiking and i can no longer visit the residence or talk to buddy #1 or #2 until the court date, and i have a cerfew of 9pm-6am....and if i breach i will be sent to Brookside (harsh can. juvi)

Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

bisto

We don't care about Canadians. No one will give you advice because they don't know Canadian law.

U

UnderArrest

Im not in search of advice. The situation is just awkward.

You Are Guilty

Although my standard reply in these situations is to save the butter from your dinner to make the rest of your night a little easier, from what I know of Canada, if Canadian butter is as misdescribed as Canadian bacon is, you might as well just start learning how to make a noose from a bedsheet, because there's no hope whatsoever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">