• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revised child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

murchisong

What is the name of your state?Alabama
My boyfriend was divorced in 1992, has 3 children, pays $584.09 monthly child support.At this time he was making 7.50 an hr. now makes $15.00 hr. how much should his support amount go up now ? Last 5 yrs. it was $10.00 hr. can ex collect on this also? when we marry is my income included in this?

M

murchisong

murchisong said:
My boyfriend was divorced in 1992, has 3 children, pays $584.09 monthly child support.At this time he was making 7.50 an hr. now makes $15.00 hr. how much should his support amount go up now ? Last 5 yrs. it was $10.00 hr. can ex collect on this also? when we marry is my income included in this?
also, he has visitation every other weekend. Sat. 8am to sun 6pm. he wants more time with the kids ages 16, 12, 9. but mom says no. what can he do? kids also wants more time with him but scared of hurting mom's feelings.what should he do?

VeronicaGia

murchisong said:
Go here to get an idea of what support should be: www.supportguidelines.com

Support will only be raised back to the date of filing the petition for modification. Your income will not be included except under extreme circumstances. My advice if you marry him is to keep all of your assets such as bank accounts separate and in your name only.

VeronicaGia

murchisong said:
also, he has visitation every other weekend. Sat. 8am to sun 6pm. he wants more time with the kids ages 16, 12, 9. but mom says no. what can he do? kids also wants more time with him but scared of hurting mom's feelings.what should he do?
If his visitation order says every other weekend and he wants more, he will have to petition the court for a modification of visitation. She is under no obligation to give him anything the judge didn't award him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">