• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If there is debts owed how will they be paid off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweet_caligirl

What is the name of your state? ca. I am just about to file the petition for probate for my mother who passed away 5 years ago. The only debt that might come up is credit cards that were opened anywhere from 6-9 years ago. My question is if she comes up owing anything and I live in her house which is really her only asset what happens? I don't really have the money to pay any of her debt. What is the chances that the credit card companies will try and collect now?

Dandy Don

How much is the debt?

Credit card companies may or may not be willing to file a lien against the home so that if you eventually do decide to sell it, they will be paid first out of the profits.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">