• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anyway to put my brothers on title with me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweet_caligirl

What is the name of your state? ca. I have the paperwork to sign my brothers off of our mother's house. I am pretty sure they are willing to do it. I have been living in the house since my mother's death and have been making the payments. But they were not of age when she died and I wanted to save the house. Is there any advantages to having them on title with me and are there any disadvantages? This whole situation makes me sick to my stomach because I love my brothers very much and I know they will sign the papers if I ask them to without even really questioning it although they are still young. I just want to make sure they have a fair chance to have the house if I ever sell it. I am pretty torn on this. Would it be good to also talk to my lawyer about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">