• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help FAST. Please reply.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HelpQuickly

My mom died last Dec. in Florida. Me and my 2 sisters were named to decide what happens to the estate. Me and my middle sister have done everything from getting a lawyer to helping pay off the mortgage to finding a buyer. The youngest sister has done nothing and since the will says if 1 sister objects to the sale, it doesn't get passed. My youngest sister says she will not sign onto anything unless she gets the price SHE wants. We know the price she wants isnt possible and me and my middle sister have put in over 2,000 dollars to finalize the deal and now since the youngest sister wont sign on, it looks like we may lose all that and it will go into foreclosure. We're certain she is waiting for this to get the house cheap. IS there ANYTHING we can do to bypass her or at least prove she is trying to ruin the deal. Please respond soon.

Dandy Don

How much is the outstanding mortgage on the home? Tell her to face reality and to work the numbers to figure out how she will come out best financially on this deal. There is no way in the world she is going to get the house "cheap". If she wants to live there she will have to take over the mortgage payments. If the deal is canceled and the house goes into foreclosure, she will get nothing because the mortgage company will then put the home up for sale anyway to get their money back and the heirs will most likely get nothing then because the heirs will have no equity.

Any fool should be able to see that she will be better off selling it to get the mortgage paid off and then splitting the profits with you. The heirs have the strongest position of getting their equity back with the home being sold BEFORE the estate closes.

In all fairness, what price is the home selling for and what is the price sister is asking for? Why can't you keep the sale open for a little longer in an attempt to see if another buyer will come forward to pay the higher price?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Last edited:
H

HelpQuickly

We're afraid she's going to try to make it go into equity just so she can buy it . How she plans on paying for it is beyond me but she's not a sensible person.Every once in a while she goes "I have a buyer" but when we ask for the name and information to talk to "her buyer" she never responds and decides not to tell us. IS there anyway we can bypass her or prove she's trying to ruin the deal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">