• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After survey, my 50yr old shed is on their's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sisko Kid

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TN

I NEED SOME ADVICE:

Bought a rental house in 1996 on .5 acres next to church for $30k.

1st mistake is that I didn't have a survey...small town "good ole boy" conventional loan and I was 23 and didn't know much better....

The church next door, following a few disagreements with my tenants about where they were parking, did a survey. Tenenats left 3 months ago due to continuation of church member harrassment.

Church had recent survey, and so did I, it shows my shed/garage to be cut in half by property boundry...not to mention, competely cutting off my driveway (which is also the 2nd entrance to the church. I understood from the previous owner that the driveway was paved as a favor since the church would also use it to enter their parking lot from the other street. Church is on corner, in the country. There is a distinct 100 year old tree line that seemed and that I understood to be the property line....but the #'s by the survey proved different

I spoke with the church 3 times trying to get them to work with me about getting this property line dispute resolved so that I could sell this house...I now live in a different town and wish to cash it out for something in my present area.

The church elder, after our converation last night, said they had another meeting and had no intentions of helping me out to resolve this issue. I asked why, and he said that he had too many problems with my renter's kids, "unknown to me". The only thing I had ever heard of was when my renter called and said the church said they were parking on their property and every Sunday they literally "blocked" my renters in with their cars...He would only say, "you need to do what you think is right"....I told him that I never harmed the church and couldn't understand why they were punishing me about this....I now have no driveway and shed...I'll, honestly, be lucky to get what I paid for it 8 years ago!

OK, church wishes not to help me with this matter, but have been using and paying taxes on shed for 8 years, and now, since I have a property line issue, I can't sell my house. DO we have rights? Does the previous owner have some responsibiliy here? He sold me a house, shed, and driveway....and now it's only the house with my rectangular property turned almost into a triangle....

Can anyone please help me or give me some direction?

Thanks in advanced!

HomeGuru

Sisko Kid said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TN

I NEED SOME ADVICE:

Bought a rental house in 1996 on .5 acres next to church for $30k.

1st mistake is that I didn't have a survey...small town "good ole boy" conventional loan and I was 23 and didn't know much better....

The church next door, following a few disagreements with my tenants about where they were parking, did a survey. Tenenats left 3 months ago due to continuation of church member harrassment.

Church had recent survey, and so did I, it shows my shed/garage to be cut in half by property boundry...not to mention, competely cutting off my driveway (which is also the 2nd entrance to the church. I understood from the previous owner that the driveway was paved as a favor since the church would also use it to enter their parking lot from the other street. Church is on corner, in the country. There is a distinct 100 year old tree line that seemed and that I understood to be the property line....but the #'s by the survey proved different

I spoke with the church 3 times trying to get them to work with me about getting this property line dispute resolved so that I could sell this house...I now live in a different town and wish to cash it out for something in my present area.

The church elder, after our converation last night, said they had another meeting and had no intentions of helping me out to resolve this issue. I asked why, and he said that he had too many problems with my renter's kids, "unknown to me". The only thing I had ever heard of was when my renter called and said the church said they were parking on their property and every Sunday they literally "blocked" my renters in with their cars...He would only say, "you need to do what you think is right"....I told him that I never harmed the church and couldn't understand why they were punishing me about this....I now have no driveway and shed...I'll, honestly, be lucky to get what I paid for it 8 years ago!

OK, church wishes not to help me with this matter, but have been using and paying taxes on shed for 8 years, and now, since I have a property line issue, I can't sell my house. DO we have rights? Does the previous owner have some responsibiliy here? He sold me a house, shed, and driveway....and now it's only the house with my rectangular property turned almost into a triangle....

Can anyone please help me or give me some direction?

Thanks in advanced!
**A: you best hire an attorney since you failed to complete due diligence at the time of purchase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">